Tartar has always been one of the most common oral problems. Sometimes it is very uncomfortable and unattractive. We’re going to show you some natural foods that help prevent tartar from appearing on your teeth.
Tartar is a plaque of bacteria that is placed on the teeth due to some minerals that are deposited and not removed. It is identified when the teeth have a yellow or brown appearance. It is a plaque that can be seen between the gums and the teeth and when it hardens it creates a crust. This causes a darker than normal tone to appear.
The most important thing about tartar
When you touch it, you will notice that the tartar has a granular touch, which in addition to appearing quite ugly is sometimes annoying. Not only that, but tartar can lead to other health problems, such as tooth decay. When eating candy, soda, or fried foods, tartar interacts and releases an acid that later creates cavities.
Tartar can be caused by our consumption habits, such as tobacco, alcohol and coffee. But there may also be a genetic predisposition to cause it.
Natural Remedies to Remove Tartar
First of all, it is important to maintain good dental hygiene habits. Brush your teeth at least twice a day, floss and don’t eat too much sugar. And it’s recommended that you visit your dentist at least once a year for a thorough cleaning and advice.
Let’s see now some natural and home remedies to solve the problem of tartar in the teeth.
Sodium bicarbonate is a good solution to maintain your oral hygiene and have a clear and clean tooth color. You can mix baking soda with lemon or salt and also a little water to make it more effective, in addition to reducing the strong taste. Be careful not to use it too much as it can damage the enamel.
- 1 teaspoon salt (5 g)
- 1 tablespoon baking soda (10 g)
- Water (quantity required)
the baking soda and salt in a bowl
- Wet toothbrush with water
- Insert the brush into the baking soda and salt solution to soak the brush.
- Do normal brushing but focus on areas where tartar builds up.
- Repeat at least 2 times per day, morning and evening
A very good tooth whitener in addition to being a fruit that eliminates bacteria is the lemon. It is important not to have contact with the sun the next day as the lemon can leave spots on the skin around the mouth. It is therefore recommended to rinse well after use.
Lemon acid can also weaken teeth, so we recommend using this recipe no more than once a week.
- ½_Design_Lime-A301.htmlLime for the juice
- ½ cup warm water (125 ml)
- Fill half a cup with warm water and add lemon juice.
- Put water and juice in a glass and stir.
- Gargle or “buches” in the mouth before going to sleep Rinse with lukewarm water so as not to retain the sour taste.
Hydrogen peroxide is also a solution for rinsing teeth and removing tartar. It is recommended to use this remedy up to three times a week and always rinse afterwards.
- ¼ cup of warm water (62 ml)
- 2 tablespoons hydrogen peroxide (20 ml)
- Place the water in a glass and add the hydrogen peroxide. Stir and mix.
- Drink a little water and gargle for a minute.
- Spit out the mixture and repeat for another minute.
- Rinse with fresh water.
Parsley is an herb that is usually used in many recipes to give a stronger flavor to a dish. It can also be used to combat tartar build-up in the gums. The best remedy is as follows:
- 1 handful parsley leaves (20 g)
- 1 tablespoon water (10 ml)
- Wash and finely chop the parsley leaves
- Mix with water to create a paste
- Place on the teeth and let it act for about 5 minutes.
- Rinse with plenty of water
Sesame seeds are perfect for getting rid of tartar build-up on teeth. Just take a tablespoon of the seeds and chew them slowly for a minute or two. The teeth are then spit out and massaged with a moistened toothbrush. At the end, it is rinsed with water.
Fruit that eliminates tartar
Fruits have a very good ability to whiten teeth and remove tartar we have accumulated. It is important to eat raw fruits and bite them whole, instead of eating them cut.
Three of the best fruits are apples, melons and strawberries. They help keep gums healthy and prevent the bleeding that can occur with brushing. It is also important to eat the apple in shell to achieve the desired whitening.
Strawberries and tomatoes can be eaten by slicing and rubbing against the teeth before each meal of the day.
A more natural way to fight tartar is to rub the inside of the peel of some fruits such as orange and banana against the teeth. You can do it for 2-3 minutes before eating.